20 photos, kindly provided by Will Gibson, covering the 1st Leg of the semi-final Buildbase FA Trophy against Tranmere Rovers on 11 March 2017 at the Moss Rose have been added to the Photo Archive.
A further 28 photos, again provided by Will Gibson, covering the 2nd Leg of the semi-final Buildbase FA Trophy, have been added to the Photo Archive including good coverage of Ollie Norburn's winning goal.
Photos from the FA Cup first round played on the 14 November 1987 - Macclesfield Town 4 Carlisle United 2 - have now been included in the Photo Archive. In addition, five National Conference matches have been added. Grateful thanks go to Will Gibson who has extracted these photos from his videos taken as an accredited match photographer.
A second Trivia offering added to the Articles Section under the heading 'More Trivia'.
Chapter Four of the e-book 'Back to the Non-League Scene' covering the 2015-16 season is now available for downloading through the menu item 'Non-League Scene'.
A further item 'Trivia' has been added to the Articles section.
Following a suggestion by a supporter, Player of the Year information for the National Conference has been added in the General Section of Achievements.
Information for the 2015-16 season has been updated.
My sincere thanks go to everyone who has assisted my in any way to enhance this web site:
1. Graham Phythian, author of the Saga of the Silkmen (first published in 2001), has undertaken hours and hours of work making enquiries of libraries and visiting Liverpool and Newcastle libraries in person. Graham has also answered enquiries from his research notes.
2. Gregor Lindberg (Accrington Stanley), Phil Chadwick (Witton Albion), and Michael Chatwin (Nantwich) have provided much valued additional information and photographs.
3. James Hough and Matt Davies, both of Macclesfield, have provided detailed information. Also, family members of players have been a useful source of information.
4. Martin O'Connor has kindly provided a significant amount of information for pre World War One players which has greatly enhanced Player Profiles.
5. Kenneth Westerberg of Queens Park Rangers FC has provided additional information relating to first names and career paths for several players following research undertaken at his own behest.
6. Steve Wilson, a Macclesfield supporter of many years, has spent a considerable amount of time undertaking research. The results of his work have enhanced many Player Profiles including the addition of photographs.
7. A very special word of thanks goes to all the staff manning the reference desk at Macclesfield library who, without exception, were most helpful. Personal visits have been made to Buxton, Congleton, Manchester Central, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Northwich and Stockport libraries.
8. The following libraries have kindly answered queries by e-mail - Accrington, Altrincham, Ashton, Barrow, Bolton, Burnley, Chorley, Crewe, Darwen, Fleetwood, Goole, Great Harwood, Halton, Heywood, King's Lynn, Lancaster, Nelson, Ramsbottom, Rawtenstall, South Elmsall, Southport, St Helens, Stockport, and Wallasey.
9. Personal visits have been made to Chester and Hanley Archives, where, again, the staff were most helpful. E-mail enquiries have been answered by Caernarfon and Tameside Archives.
10. Information has also been supplied by - Bangor City unofficial web site, Mossley FC, The New Saints FC, South Liverpool FC and Tranmere Rovers FC.
11. Archive articles in opposition team programmes have also proved a valuable source of information, including those written by the national football historian Leigh Edwards.
12. Career path details provided on the official site of Macclesfield Football Club by Tom Rance have also been included in the Player Profiles or have provided a good basis for further research.
13. The names of everyone who have provided photographs for the Photo Archive section are listed in the introduction to that section.
14. The majority of the Match Information for the Northern Premier League and the Vauxhall Conference is based on work which Chris Pugsley, former kit-man, programme editor and worker for the club over many years, had undertaken. The Player Profiles for these two leagues are based on the significant amount of research which Chris had carried out. In addition, the layout of the individual Player Profiles is based in part on an idea he formulated some years ago. The information Chris had gathered provided an excellent base on which to start this archive web site.
15. And lastly and by no means least, Mike Scott for his technical expertise and ongoing support without which there would be no web site.
If anyone has any additional information and/or photographs it will be most appreciated if they will advise me using the following e-mail address - email@example.com